ENGINEERING FIRM/CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT
ABOUT THE CLIENT
A construction management and engineering firm specializing in transportation, education and facilities, energy, and water. This client originally was having major issues with their Tier 1 and Tier 2 Support. Their IT department head wanted to outsource those resources so he could focus on the bigger picture.
Years with Effortless: 2 Years
When Effortless Office had the opportunity to dig into their experiences, and audit their environment, they discovered:
- IT was focused on reactive support and lacked a road map
- The client experienced issues scaling
- NIST Compliance worries
- Lack of standardization – Existing server and cloud sprawl
EFFORTLESS OFFICE SOLUTION
HOW DID EFFORTLESS OFFICE HELP?
- Effortless Office took care of the day-to-day IT support and enabled the client’s in house IT team to focus on bigger projects
- Projects that may have otherwise been on their backlog are now added to the client’s roadmap
- Due to Covid we were able to roll-out Desktop-as-a-Service with enhanced graphics capabilities for their engineering department
- Migrated their Sharepoint Environment off of Amazon Web Services to the Effortless Private cloud. Significant cost savings and ease of management were key benefits
- NIST & Security compliance assessments are a collaboration between the client and Effortless Office
When the pandemic hit, they were faced with how to keep their company moving during a stay-at-home order. Effortless Office suggested integrating to the client’s local network through 5 desktops, with their engineering software, and have the client’s team test out its functions. Within 2 weeks, all their engineers were working from home. This partnership both utilizes the Effortless cloud and the client’s environment creating a true hybrid approach.
PHASES OF TECHNOLOGY ROAD MAP
Phase 1 – 225 Users
- 5 California offices
- Initially provided helpdesk and managed endpoint
Phase 2 – 380 Users
- Sourced the client a complete network refresh with Cisco Meraki and Cisco capital lease line
- Uncoupled the users from the 5 different DC and file servers to a single domain and centralized the data repo/file server in Effortless Office
- Added a secure file sharing technology with MFA and implemented a DR policy with Veeam architecture
- Added VGPU DaaS users for CAD design
Phase 3 – 760 Users
- Migrated practice management from AWS to Effortless Office
- Migrated old SharePoint to Effortless Office
- Incorporated OKTA for SSO
WHAT GROWTH HAD THE CLIENT SEEN?
The client has been having great success, growing 50% since Q3. Given the success they have achieved with their team’s working from home, they now have plans to shut down 1 of their offices and save money for future growth.