AUTOMOTIVE CASE STUDY
ABOUT THE CLIENT
A leading automotive parts manufacturer was seeking a single source for their IT needs. Effortless delivers. The group is an engineering and manufacturing parent company to some of the most successful names in the aftermarket late model automotive industry.
- Company growing significantly for over 30 years and had outgrown their technology.
- Network equipment quickly expiring.
- Lacking cybersecurity and disaster recovery plan.
- Leadership team uneasy about moving to the cloud.
Effortless Desktop™ were deployed for 75% of staff virtualizing the entire business infrastructure and allowing Drake Automotive Group to utilize industry leading cloud technology. Each desktop included thefollowing:
- Industry leading security such as firewall, spam filter, and virusdetection
- Effortless Recovery™ complete with redundancy and externalhosting
- Complete ClearSky Environment™ migration that followed the simple Effortless Flightplan and made the whole processproductive
- The latest applications including Microsoft Office™
- Multi-device access and support, including Windows, Mac, iPad, iPhone, Kindle, andAndroid
- 24 hour support and Help Desk for each user, for everyapplication
- Effortless File Share™ which allows users to securely share files without emailing them or uploading them to a specialsite
- Company-wide data backup in the Las Vegas SUPERNAP facilities, which are the most cost-efficient, mission critical, high-availability data centers on the planet
- Effortless Defense™ advancedprotection
- Effortless WiFi™ was deployed and is remotely managed and optimized by the team atEffortless
- Users no longer need expensive computers, and use Effortless Zero Clients
The new Effortless Cloud was built alongside the current network which enabled a seamless transition to the Effortless platform. Thus Effortless met the criteria of near zero downtime.
98% CLIENT SATISFACTION
Client reports that company-wide, they have about a 98% satisfaction rate for Effortless, and he states “Effortless is very receptive. They understand the nuances that make up our business. Even when we know our processes are not in line with what may be the best way to do things, the team at Effortless fits around how we work. They are not judgmental and that is why our staff and I value our relationship with them tremendously.” He goes on to say that it is because of the “patience and support they provide, and the fact that they speak English… not in the way that I am not calling some overseas call center, which that is true also. But what I mean is that they speak in everyday language and leave out the jargon, the computerese.”
100% LEADERSHIP ADOPTION
The client’s accumulation of over 30 years in business meant that several seasoned leaders had to come together in support of any major decisions. The decision to migrate to Effortless was certainly a decision that involved the owner and other key players. One thing the stakeholders understood was that security and stability in the network was the ultimate goal. However, according to our contact, “Adoption of cloud was a tough sell. Our more senior executives first thought I was out of my mind. He liked to go in and see the racks and check the blinking lights. The lights are green… must be good!”
Effortless Zeroclients™ provide vast amounts of secure, HIPAA and SOC compliant storage, with additional always available; therefore, as the organization scales up, so does its capacity for state-of-the art storage.
DISASTER RECOVERY & BUSINESS CONTINUITY
Effortless provides disaster recovery and backup at a highly effective rate.
SPEED AND EFFICIENCY
Effortless Desktops™ provide this multi-location enterprise instant access to the applications they need. The solutions provided by Effortless increase the accountability of the staff and the collaborative ability of our client.
Our client makes use of Effortless Defense™ which provides zero-day vulnerability and advanced protection which include enterprise firewall, spam, and antivirus, but goes beyond with sandbox-based detection techniques and a behavioral engine with machine learning. These additional security measures fulfill the goals they have for defense against cyber-threats and protection of customer’s valuable personal data.